This LIVE IN THE HEARTLAND package will be ready to ship soon -- once all the components arrive at Backstreets HQ, we'll fulfill pre-orders immediately in the order received. Pre-order now to guarantee yours!
This item, Package #3, includes:
This is a rare opportunity to own a signed, fine art Springsteen print for a such a low price -- we're grateful to Janet for creating this special edition especially for our readers.
- the hardcover book
- custom bookplate signed by photographer Janet Macoska [shown right]
- exclusive 5x7 print of Clarence and Bruce, one of our favorite images from Janet's book, in a limited edition created just for Backstreets and signed by the photographer [shown above]
For just the book + signed bookplate, see Package #1
For the book signed on the title page + signed bookplate, see Package #2
"Bruce would rip his heart out and give it to his audience. He put everything into his performance. He was all over the stage, and the whole rest of the band was in lockstep, complimenting that energy. It was going out to the audience in bundles. We were sending it back , too, and thatís really electric. That energy, those visuals? Photographers love that. Itís perfect to have something like that to photograph." óJanet Macoska
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: LIVE IN THE HEARTLAND
Photographs by Janet Macoska
With a foreword by Lauren Onkey, fan, musicologist and Senior Director NPR Music; and text by Peter Chakerian, award-winning writer, reporter, and journalist
Lauded Cleveland rock photographer Janet Macoska has spent five decades photographing Bruce Springsteen in Northeast Ohio. From his early beginnings in 1974 to the iconic Born in the USA tour to the 2016 River Tour, Janet has been there with her camera capturing Springsteen's every move and mood on stage. Macoska has teamed up with journalist Peter Chakerian for her new book called Bruce Springsteen: Live in the Heartland that documents Springsteen's Cleveland history.
Janet's photographs cover multiple performances over five decades, from the Allen Theatre in '74 to Quicken Loans Arena in 2016, presented in chronological order:
Through Macoska's lens, we witness his enduring energy on stage. Offstage, Macoska even captured backstage portraits of Springsteen with guest Ronnie Spector in 1977. This is Springsteen and the E Street Band in both black-and-white and glorious color photos, including iconic, rare, unseen, and contact sheets.
- ALLEN THEATRE, CLEVELAND, 1974
- ALLEN THEATRE, CLEVELAND, 1976
- RICHFIELD COLISEUM, RICHFIELD, 1977
- TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA , TOLEDO, 1978
- RICHFIELD COLISEUM, RICHFIELD, 1980
- RICHFIELD COLISEUM, RICHFIELD, 1984
- CLEVELAND MUNICIPAL STADIUM, CLEVELAND, 1985
- RICHFIELD COLISEUM, RICHFIELD, 1988
- GUND ARENA , CLEVELAND, 1999
- QUICKEN LOANS ARENA , CLEVELAND, 2016
ACC Art Books/Iconic Images - hardcover - 256pp.